As Purim is right around the corner, I have been watching my nine year old sister struggle to come up with a costume to wear to school. She is a little down because she claims it won’t be as special this year, so everyday I tell her something good about Purim because of quarantine. I thought that these reasons could help everyone get into the Purim spirit, so here are the top 10 reasons why Covid will make this year the best Purim.
- The groggers won’t be too loud from six feet away
- You can put your costume over your regular clothes to keep you extra warm during lunch
- An excuse to be happy: it’s Adar!
- No one will be able to tell if you break the Fast of Esther if you stay home
- You can make your Google Meet background look like Persia
- Put together “vaccine” and “Fauci” and you get “Vashti”
- Your costume can be PPE
- It’s an excuse to get dressed in the morning
- Send Mishloach Manot from afar
- WEAR A MASK!